Wednesday, November 9, 2011

"Where Are The Party People!" Designer Drugs @ 2720 Cherokee

With all of the obvious tour packaging to make large profits but not great experiences for fans going on, I didn't think that the Sex Cult tour was going to be that much fun. I just sort of assumed that the artists that showed up would be a collection of people that some pencil pusher put together to make lots of money. It was not the case during the Sex Cult Tour at 2720 Cherokee.

Playing on the Sex Cult Tour is: Skitsnygg, Your Dirty Habit, Black Matter, Nick Eng & DL, Coreyography, Designer Drugs. On stage, they all seemed to be good friends and helped each other out during sets. It was the sixth day of their tour and they seemed to be having a great time.

It had a real radio/club feel because the beat didn't stop the whole time as they switched out MacBooks for the next artist.

All the artists, especially Designer Drugs, had great stage presence and were into the music that they played.

When Designer Drugs came on the show hit it's apex. Everyone was on the dance floor having a great time. At one point he played Beautiful People by Marylin Manson. My friends and I sang the whole thing. Then he asked me if I wanted to hear anything specific and I blanked. I should have asked for Shut Me Up by Mindless Self Indulgence.

I went home spent from dancing for four hours and happy that I had such a good time with friends.

DATAMIX (MIXS) by Designer Drugs Official

No comments:

Post a Comment